Pages

4.21.2011

Today, I fast. Today, I’m enduring temptations and laying them down before my Lord and Savior. 
Father, it’s only 4:00, and I’m struggling. 
But God is worth it. so so worth it. Tomorrow is Good Friday. This whole week, the reasons as to why I believe have been so pressing in my mind, as I’ve been reminded through the public’s celebration of Easter. A part of me has been frustrated with myself, for not always thinking about the tremendous suffering my perfect savior chose to go through for me. Why does it take a week that’s set aside as a reminder for us for me to focus on it so much? 
I don’t have an answer. 
I just know how grateful I am for his unending grace. 

Is not this the kind of fasting I have chosen: 
to loose the chains of injustice 
and untie the cords of the yoke,
to set the oppressed free
and break every yoke?
Is it not to share your food with the hungry 
and to provide the poor wanderer with shelter
when you see the naked, to clothe him,
and not to turn away from your own flesh and blood?
Then your light will break forth like the dawn,
and your healing will quickly appear;
then your righteousness will go before you, 
and the glory of the LORD will be your rear guard.

No comments:

Post a Comment